Trash Service Contact Information
Nightingale Trucking Company- provides regular trash and recyclables collection.
8018 Richmond Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22306
For large item collection, please contact: (703) 360-6634
Citizen Disposal Area- disposes of household hazardous waste, large amounts of debris and recyclables, old furniture, and construction debris. For more information, please visit the county’s website.
I-95 Landfill Complex
9850 Furnace Road
Lorton, VA 22079
Guidelines for Proper Trash Disposal
Trash is picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays. Recycling is picked up on Wednesdays.
- Trash must be placed either in a trash can.
- Grass clippings and leaves must be put in bags.
- Brush and limbs must be tied in 3 foot long bundles.
- Tie newspapers with string or put them in brown paper bags.
- Rinse cans and bottles and remove lids and labels.
- Aluminum cans, metal cans, plastic containers, and glass bottles are collected for recycling.
It is important to note:
- No property shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish.
- Garbage or other waste shall be kept in covered sanitary containers or heavy-duty trash bags within rear yards. Neither trash containers nor recycling containers are to be kept in front of side yards.
- Garbage containers should be placed on front curb no earlier than the night before pickup (after daylight hours). Containers should be removed the same day as pickup.
Special Pickup Items
You must request a special pickup for certain items, such as:
- Hot water heaters
- Paint cans, etc.
If you do not request a special pickup for large items you may be charged for the unscheduled pickup.